The West Farm Development is a new mixed-use community located on farmland once owned and operated by the historic Boys Town Village and the DeMarco family. This new development is strategically located in the major growth area of western Omaha between West Dodge Road and Pacific Street at the corner of 144th Street.
West Farm — the northern part of the development — formerly owned by Boys Town will include a new mixed-use town center with shops and restaurants, a new office park, urban apartment living, and a major new gateway park and trail system. South Farm — the southern part of the development — formerly owned by the DeMarco family will include a new corporate campus for Applied Underwriters, a mixed-use village with a neighborhood retail center and residential village, and an exclusive large lot residential com-munity, all connected by an open space network of rolling hills and trails.
In total, the development will include over 1,360,000 square feet of office space, 500,000 square feet of retail, a 300-room hotel, 1500 apartments, 140 townhouses, and 440 single-family houses. One-third of the total land area will be devoted to parks, trails, and recreation areas.